Monday, June 6, 2011

Computer Shop in Phnom Penh

Back in 1999 when I first start learning computer from one of the Cambodian computer teacher there were very few computer shop in Cambodia. I can hardly find any computer shop selling cheap price computer in those days.

I started with DOS which is very basic to learn how to operate computer at that time and then windows 3x and windows 95. Office application is the program that I was learning for the very first time after login to DOS operating system.

I learned how to use Ms. Words and Ms. Excel and I know how to make beautiful word arts as well. However, I rarely had a chance to use computer and only one hour during class per day from Monday to Friday which I had to pay $150 to learn these application programs for 1 month.

Then after completing high school, I entered the university program in computer study and that was when I started to know more on programing foundation such as C language and how to repair computer.

I bought my first computer with 4Gb hard disk when I was in year 2 and the price was $450 for this desktop computer set which I can only use for office application, running programming and small programs.

Laptop Computer in Phnom Penh
At that time PCT Computer and Anana Computer was well known and not many computer stores where I can find a good price computer at that time as I remember. There were shop like ABC computer and few more but not many choices as today.

Now, I can enjoy with new items like notebook and mini computer as well as what everyone look at this MacBook for example.

Buying these computer from the company in Phnom Penh, you should check the price from as many shops as you can find to make the best deal for your shopping. The best buy product is costing between $500 to under $1000 laptop computer. Students and individual rarely buy desktop computer today. Only business people who buy for their employee to work from their desk. Let me know if you can find a good one or need recommendation shops.